Saturday, August 15, 2015

Rust and Damage Repair Part:1


Looking at what I did today, this is going to have to be a multiple installment post of the rust removal and body reconditioning to this Saab, as it can't be seen to well with the picture above, I dug my way in deep with the rear corner panel as to find its not what its lead to believe.

Seen here, the rust doesn't look to bad, if this was metal, but poking a screw driver into the hole, I see this is not metal, but filler, bondo, something happened here that I am going to have to look into that was covered up, until the rust ate through the filler, and was exposed for me to find how bad it looks underneath.


Its not oozing, I was spraying it all down with water to keep dust down and pieces from flying around in the air.


Under the panel is a piece of metal, that is easy to wiggle up and down.



Everything falling out




Shoveled up off the ground.



I did not even get to the hatchback as it looks pretty bad, but at least its just metal, simply remove the infected area, and work from there. The body panel that I looked into today is a long term investigation and will check back soon with more results.











No comments:

Post a Comment