Saturday, August 15, 2015

Headlights and Turn Signals Assembly and Installation


One of the most important parts of your car is your sight, having clean and bright headlights. These allow your car to see what you otherwise can't, so the better they work, the better a drivers overall safety is. This is the first major change to the outside of the car that I have done so far, I took out tall the lights in the front and restored them to like new, the tail lights will come in a later post.

Here is the car after I removed the glass off the headlights and the side light assembly.


Top of headlight before glass is unclipped.


The screws that keep everything together are hex heads.


Left side



Letting it hang out.


Inside assembly.


The wires are taped together, but the tape seen below is old, brittle, and falling off, so I removed it and re-wrapped the wires with electrical tape.



Tape process



Here is the assembly of the glass covers, its not a difficult process, I took the gaskets off the glass where the glass meets the lip of the light cover. I washed everything with a sponge and dish soap. I wiped the glass dry, and let the rubber gasket air dry. I then caulked the edge of the glass where the "like-new" gaskets will be reinstalled. I laid the rubber gasket onto the caulk bead and press evenly around to make sure it was secure. I wiped the outside edge and let everything dry.



I also washed the clips. These hold the glass cover to the entire headlight housing. 6 to each light, there are only 11 here, so one light has 5.


Like new and ready to be put back on.






Light bulbs had to be replaced as needed.






















No comments:

Post a Comment